In the world of pickup trucks, there are only a few that can survive the rigorous testing and demands of their drivers. The pickup truck segment may be small, but it is just as fierce as any other category of vehicles on the market. A certain brand of pickups has been discounted in the past, but they are no longer sitting on the sidelines, watching other brands outperform.
We are talking about Ram trucks, Miami – a brand that has become more substantial to the pickup segment in recent years, and for very good reason. Ram has a complete lineup of quality, reliable, and powerful pickup trucks, that is sending the competition to the sidelines.
Ram Trucks – Look How Far They’ve Come
Previously branded as “Dodge Trucks,” the Ram trucks have been around in one form or another since 1981. With a long heritage of performance, these pickup trucks are designed for the truck owner who is looking to actually use his pickup the way it was intended. Ram trucks may not appeal to those who want to drive a pickup merely for appearance, or style.
Rather, Ram trucks were made to work. Whether that work includes play or not, the entire Ram lineup is ready to take on whatever your demands are. With a slogan as direct as “Guts. Glory. Ram.” – what else would you expect?
The 2016 Ram Truck Lineup
The Ram truck lineup has a pickup for every possible need. The Ram 1500, 2500, and 3500 are ready to help drivers accomplish any task set before them. Not only do these Ram truck models excel at performance, they also offer a roomy, well-appointed interior cabin for longer treks.
With all that being said, let’s take a look into the 2016 Ram truck lineup, and what each model has to offer.
2016 Ram 1500:
With twelve different trim levels and special edition models to choose from, this light duty pickup truck is as versatile as you are. The base model of the Ram 1500 starts at just $26,045, and features two other models under the $30,000 price point. Drivers can choose from one of three engine options, each one tailored to meet different needs.
- 3.6-L PentaStar V6 – This powerful engine features best-in-class fuel efficiency with an EPA-estimated 25 mpg on the highway, and is paired with a responsive 8-speed automatic transmission. A total horsepower of 305, and 269 lb.-ft. of torque, this base engine can tow up to 7,610 pounds, and haul a payload of up to 1,880 pounds.
- 5.7-L HEMI V8 – Made for drivers looking to achieve the greatest towing and payload capacity with a light-duty truck, this is the most powerful engine in the 1500 lineup. Drivers can expect 395 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque for a towing capacity of 10,650 pounds. If light duty power is what you are looking for, look no further.
- 3.0-L EcoDiesel V6 – This diesel powered engine is not only strong, pulling in 240 ponies and 420 lb.-ft. of torque, but it is efficient with up to 29 mpg on the highway. The max tow rating with this engine on the Ram 1500 is 9,210 pounds, and can haul a payload of 1,600 pounds.
2016 Ram 2500:
This mid-level pickup starts at just $31,585, and has a long list of exceptional features and powerful specifications. Drivers can choose from ten different models and special editions of the Ram 2500, each one with exceptional towing and horsepower ratings. Check out each of the available engines below, and what each one can accomplish when paired with the Ram 2500.
- 5.7-L HEMI V8 VVT – This standard engine is anything but ordinary. Equipped with variable valve timing, this powerhouse is paired with a 66RFE six-speed automatic transmission. With a horsepower of 383, and 400 lb.-ft. of torque, this engine can tow up to 13,890 pounds, and haul a payload of up to 3,060 pounds. Rated for 10,000-mile oil change intervals, this engine will help keep you and your Ram 2500 on the road longer, with more money in your wallet.
- 6.4-L HEMI V8 – Featuring fuel saver technology, this engine puts out best-in-class 410 horsepower and best-in-class 429 lb.-ft. of torque. Drivers can tow up to 16,320 pounds, and carry a total payload of up to 3,990 pounds.
- 6.7-L Cummins Turbo Diesel – This engine is as class-exclusive as they come. With best-in-class 17,980 pound towing capacity, a best-in-class 15,000 mile oil change interval, and class-exclusive smart diesel exhaust brake – this engine is as unique as it is powerful. This optional engine achieves a staggering 800 lb.-ft. of torque and 370 horsepower, and is able to accomplish any job you throw its way.
2016 Ram 3500:
Just when you thought Ram trucks couldn’t possibly be any more powerful, meet the Ram 3500. This heavy-duty pickup delivers performance, power, and reliability, all in one masculine package. Starting at just $32,900, the 2016 Ram 3500 is available in six different trim levels and special editions. The Ram 3500 offers the same engine options as the 2500, but with greater performance numbers all around. Check out what is different about each, below.
- 5.7-L HEMI V8 VVT – This base engine makes the same amount of horsepower and torque when working with the Ram 2500, but it’s max towing capacity of 13,910 pounds is much greater. The payload capacity of 4,480 is drastically more than with the 2500, making this engine more powerful in the 3500.
- 6.4-L HEMI V8 VVT – When running the powerful Ram 3500, this engine has a max tow rating of 16,520, and a max payload of 7,390 – nearly double what the Ram 2500 achieves with the same engine.
- 6.7-L Cummins Turbo Diesel – Paired with the AISIN AS69RC six-speed automatic transmission, this engine is a true powerhouse. With 385 horsepower, and 900 lb.-ft. of torque, the Ram 3500 can tow up to 31,210 pounds, and haul a max payload of 6,720 pounds. This engine still manages 15,000-mile oil change intervals, giving drivers maximum cost savings when it comes to regularly scheduled maintenance.
Choosing YOUR Ram Truck
There are other 25 different Ram truck variations to choose from. On top of simply choosing a model and trim level, drivers can customize their Ram truck even more with various packages and add-ons.
Whether you are looking for a light-duty truck to haul small items, or a heavy-duty truck that is capable of pulling more than simply a jetski, there is a Ram truck that can help you achieve it. With a fully capable, dependable, and most importantly, powerful lineup of pickup trucks, Ram has truly stood up to others in its segment, setting itself miles apart. With all of those class-exclusive and best-in-class features, it’s no wonder that more and more drivers are turning to Ram trucks.
The only question left to ask yourself, is if you are ready to do the same thing. In our humble opinion, we think that it’s time. Visit your Ram truck dealer today.