Lexus has been manufacturing and selling its series of executive sedans, or ES models, ever since 1989. The legacy of the ES has not only been a long one, but also a very successful one. Various models, body styles, and generations have been a part of the ES series, with the introduction of the Lexus ES 350 in 2007.
One of the most successful additions to the ES lineup, the ES 350 brought a new level of front-wheel drive luxury sedans to the market, after being introduced at the Chicago Auto Show in 2006. Currently, used Lexus ES 350 sedans are one of the most popular pre-owned vehicles available in the United States. The success of the ES 350 can be credited for many different reasons, but the premium walnut accents, leather seating, and standard dual zone climate control – certainly didn’t hurt.
Why the 2013 ES 350 is a Popular Used Model
One of the most popular model years for purchasing a used Lexus ES 350 sedan, is 2013 – the year that the popular luxury sedan was completely redesigned with an entirely new look and feel. The restyling introduced the ES 350 to its second generation, and the luxury sedan impressed with its single trim level, and powerful engine.
Let’s check out a few of the reasons why we think that the 2013 ES 350 is the perfect used version of the popular midsize luxury sedan, and why three years later, it still makes a great buy!
- Simplicity – The 2013 Lexus ES 350 comes in one trim level, and one trim level only. The reason? Every ES 350 from that year was equipped with exceptional standard features, and a level of quality that only Lexus can convey. That means, no matter which used 2013 Lexus ES 350 you purchase, you know you are getting the highest list of standard features and reliability.
- Power & Efficiency – Every 2013 Lexus ES 350 is equipped with a powerful 3.5-liter V6 engine, which makes an impressive 268 horsepower, and 248 lb.-ft. of torque. This may be the same engine as the 2012 model carried, but thanks to a change in manufacturing materials, the 2013 ES 350 has better fuel economy than the outgoing model. The numbers increased from 19 mpg city, to 21 – and from 28 mpg highway, to 31. This jump may not seem significant on paper, but it makes all the difference in time between fill ups.
- Exterior Appearance – The most striking change made to the 2013 Lexus ES 350, was its outward appearance. Featuring an all-new trapezoidal grille, new aggressive headlights, and revised tail lights, the 2013 ES 350 stands out in a big way.
- All New Driving Features – Another big change for the 2013 Lexus ES 350, was the addition of the Drive Mode Select system. This advanced technology allows the driver to choose a particular driving mode, so that they are more confident on the road. Normal, Eco, and Sport modes, are all available with this standard system.
- New Interior – The 2013 Lexus ES 350 is equipped with a ton of standard features, which means that regardless of which used version you receive – your vehicle will be loaded with exceptional amenities. Among those standard offerings include, an eight-speaker sound system, USB/iPod port, cruise control, Bluetooth connectivity technology, HomeLink technology, phone controls, LCD multi-information display touchscreen, steering-wheel mounted phone and audio controls, 10-way power front seats, leather upholstery, and more.
The base price of the 2013 Lexus ES 350 hovered right around $36,000, which means that used models would cost considerably less. With all new restyling, exceptional standard features, and upgraded efficiency numbers – the 2013 ES 350 is one of the best options for purchasing a used version of Lexus’ luxury midsize sedan.
Manufacturing of the ES 350 Begins in the United States for the First Time
Up until this point, the Lexus ES 350 has been manufactured in Japan. The Lexus brand was originally meant to be focused on American-made ideals, but has not been able to be manufactured stateside, until now. Lexus is owned by the automotive giant, Toyota, which has been made in Japan since it was first brought to market. However, all that is changing.
Just last month, Lexus opened up its new automotive factory in Georgetown, Kentucky. The new plant means that over 50,000 Lexus ES 350 models will be produced in the United States each and every year, which also makes it the largest Toyota factory in the world.
Toyota and Lexus realize how important the American market is to their business, and that the future success of their brand rely on North American production. Toyota is the largest automaker in the world, and the opening of its largest plant here in America, is a big milestone for both the company, and the country.
Adding the new ES 350 models to the plant’s production schedule, meant the hiring of over 750 new employees, and 1.5 million hours of training those employees. The Georgetown, KY plant isn’t just making the history books for the vehicles that it is creating, but also for how it is creating them.
The new automotive plant may have come to life, but thanks to advancements in equipment, the “life” of the plant is actually noiseless. For the first time ever, Toyota has figured out a way to create an environment for producing vehicles, that is largely quiet. This accomplishment may not seem that important, but it is just one more way that Toyota and Lexus are re-imagining, and re-creating, the way vehicles are produced here in America.
Get Behind of a Used Lexus ES 350 Today
Making the decision to purchase one of the most popular luxury midsize sedans, is one of the smartest you can make. The Lexus ES 350 is a quality, reliable, and well-equipped luxury sedan, that will last for decades to come. Those who purchase a used ES 350 will immediately come to realize the enormous advantage to buying this model pre-owned, and will never want to look back.