Nowadays, it seems like prospective car buyers are particularly focused on pursuing a vehicle that includes (for instance) technology or luxury. While these attributes are certainly useful and noteworthy, they’re still not nearly as essential as a vehicle’s safety capabilities. Well, if you’re seeking a brand that’s fully committed to preserving the well-being of their occupants, you don’t have to look much further than Mazda’s crop of available cars.
The brand’s i-ACTIVSENSE system is focused on preventing accidents from occurring altogether. While the brand still touts that their extensive air bag system and steel safety cage will protect occupants during a collision, they’re actually banking on the fact that you won’t even find yourself in that situation. The array of safety features will play a significant role in helping drivers avoid collisions or fender benders, and the engineers were clearly focused on maximizing this safety promise.
If you’ve been thinking about visiting a Mazda dealership, see why the brand’s safety capabilities are certainly worth pursuing…
Mazda’s major safety innovations fall under the brand’s i-ACTIVSENSE initiative, which is focused on optimizing driver confidence. The brand’s vehicles rely on a complicated combination of radars and sensors to keep the driver in control and out of harm’s way. Since the vehicle will constantly be monitoring all of your surroundings (including deterrents like potholes, icy patches, or unsafe drivers), the driver can better focus on actually operating the vehicle.
Specifically, Mazda’s vehicles will rely on a Quasi-milliwave radar (which mostly monitors the side and rear of the car), a near-infrared laser (which detects any sudden obstructions in front of the vehicle), milliwave radar (which detects far distances), and visible wavelength camera. In other words, the brand’s engineers have got you covered.
Active Safety Sense
Mazda’s i-ACTIVSENSE technology is highlighted by the Active Safety Technology, which is intended to prevent accidents from occurring in the first place. If you’re behind the wheel of a Mazda car, you’ll quickly discover that the array of innovative inclusions will truly play a significant role in helping to keep drivers out of danger. These offerings include:
- Adaptive Front-Lighting System: the inclusion will adjust the low-beam headlights to aim towards the direction that you’re steering. As a result, drivers will consistently have optimal visibility and the best possible vantage point of the road.
- High-Beam Control: the system will automatically switch between your standard headlights and your high beams when necessary. This doesn’t only provide you with the best driving experience, but it can also influence your fellow driver’s safety, as they won’t be blinded when they drive by.
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control: this is the optimal technology for those who are seeking a brief break during their commute. The vehicle’s radar will lead to the vehicle briefly taking control of your vehicle, and the car will maintain a safe distance from your fellow drivers. The unit is even capable of accelerating or decelerating when necessary.
- Rear Vehicle Monitoring: the system relies on radars to determine when vehicles are approaching the rear of your Mazda. This will be especially useful when you’re switching lanes, as it can prevent you from sideswiping another car.
- Lane Departure Warning System: this technological inclusion can detect the lane markers on the road, and will alert the driver (or even readjust steering) if it detects that the vehicle is straying from the intended path.
- Forward Obstruction Warning: if you drive in a busy neighborhood, you might be used to sudden objects or people suddenly darting in front of your car. Regardless, this system can anticipate those sudden obstructions and adjust the brakes accordingly.
Pre-Crash Safety Technologies
Meanwhile, the brand’s Pre-Crash Safety Technologies will reduce the chance of an accident (as opposed to preventing them outright). It should be relatively obvious that not all accidents are preventable. However, thanks to this specific system, drivers can at least rest easy knowing that their Mazda is doing everything in its power to reduce the damage caused by that collision.
The system includes:
- Smart City Brake Support: driving through a busy metro area can arguably be more dangerous than traveling quickly on the highway. This safety inclusion can specifically prevent fender benders when the vehicle is traveling at less than 30 miles per hour. If you’re inevitably going to collide with a vehicle or stationary object, the Mazda will apply the brakes and lessen the impact, thus maximizing safety.
- Acceleration Control for AT: if you’ve ever found yourself accidentally stepping on the gas pedal, then you’ll appreciate this technological safety option. The unit can detect when acceleration isn’t necessary, and will alert the driver via audible and visual cues that it may be unsafe to bump that speed.
Still Relies on Driver Safety
Of course, your Mazda car isn’t going to be capable of avoiding accidents altogether. Rather, the driver will also be responsible for maintaining the well-being of the vehicle and those passengers within it. The brand essentially preaches this philosophy in their listing of safety capabilities:
The Active and Pre-Crash Safety Technologies identified here are designed to reduce damage and/or injuries resulting from accidents. However each system has its limitations, and no safety system or combination of such systems can prevent all accidents. These systems are not a replacement for safe and attentive driving. Please drive carefully at all times and do not rely on technology to prevent an accident. Not all of these systems are available on all models or in all markets, so please contact your local Mazda dealer for details on availability. Please refer to your owners’ manual for additional important system details, limitations and warnings.
Of course, this shouldn’t dissuade you from pursuing the safety capabilities that Mazda provides. Rather, you should embrace all of these inclusions, especially when you consider that the offerings are vastly superior to those available in rival brands.
There are a number of reasons why a consumer may be inclined to visit a Mazda dealership in Charlotte, North Carolina. After exploring all of the brand’s available safety capabilities, you’ll have even more incentive to pursue one of the company’s excellent (and safe) offerings.