When looking for a car that is a perfect fit for your lifestyle, and budget you might want to seriously consider looking at a 2016 Kia Sportage. It is one of the most popular in the Kia lineup – the compact crossover Kia Sportage in Miami and around the country.
Certainly, a family-friendly vehicle that surpasses all expectations. One thing about the Kia Sportage that should not go unnoticed is the attention to style that Kia has placed on this SUV.
The 2016 Sportage receives a few minor equipment changes, including a touchscreen display with a rearview camera for the LX trim’s Popular package, and standard leather upholstery for both the EX and SX trims
The Kia Sportage
The first Kia Sportage rolled off of the assembly line back in 1993 and was an instant success for the South Korean automaker. The compact crossover has provided a unique take on its segment, wowing everyone who gets behind the wheel of one.
The Kia Sportage has seen various revisions and changes throughout the years since it first came to market, and the current model represents the third generation for the Sportage. In September 2015, Kia unveiled the latest generation of the Sportage at the Frankfurt Auto Show.
The completely redesigned version of the crossover will go on sale next year as the 2017 model. The latest iteration of the Kia Sportage may not be available for another year, but most Kia dealerships have the scoop on the latest Kia Sportage model, and everything it has to offer.
2016 Kia Sportage Highlights
The Kia Sportage is a great option for buyers who want a small crossover, without sacrificing amenities and equipment. The 2016 Sportage offers buyers a premium look, a well-equipped interior, and great engine options.
The small crossover segment is a highly competitive one, and is growing at a rapid rate. Despite new offerings within the segment, the Kia Sportage manages to keep up with the competition and continues to be a great success.
The 2016 Sportage is not a completely redesigned version of the crossover, but it does offer new technology and more standard features than the outgoing model. Most notably, the 2016 Sportage is the first model year to offer Kia’s UVO voice recognition system, apart from the optional LX Popular Package.
Check out each of the 2016 Sportage trim levels below, and see which one may be the right choice for you!
- Sportage LX: The base trim level of the 2016 Kia Sportage is affordable, starting at just $22,150. Driver’s who value efficiency will appreciate the EPA-estimated 28 miles per gallon on the highway while tech-savvy drivers will enjoy the standard Bluetooth connectivity complete with steering-wheel-mounted controls.The 2.4-liter I-4 engine makes 182 horsepower and provides a sporty and fun ride. 17-inch alloy wheels, and LED positioning lights are also standard on the LX.
- Sportage EX: The next level up in amenities and standard features, starts at $25,350. The EX comes standard with safety features like a rear camera display, and outside mirrors with integrated turn signals. Heated front seats also come standard, along with dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors. The exterior of the EX is a step up from the base and offers a standard rear spoiler and chrome colored roof rails. The EX comes with the same engine as the base LX.
- Sportage SX: This Sportage model is the highest on the food chain, and starts under $30,000. Equipped with a powerful 2.0-liter turbocharged engine, drivers who crave power, will appreciate the 260 horsepower capability of this model.
The interior of the SX is notably different than the first two models and offers exceptional standard features. A refrigerated glove box will help keep your water or soda cool on long road trips while the ventilated front seats will help you stay at a comfortable temperature in the summer heat. Voice command navigation comes standard, as well as a stunning panoramic power sunroof. The exterior of the SX boasts power-folding outside mirrors, LED rear combination lights, and an advanced backup warning system for added safety.
For drivers who seek practicality, luxury, and performance, the 2016 Kia Sportage SX is a great choice. For less than $30,000, it is also a choice that won’t break the bank.
One thing you will notice with all Kia vehicles is that they are often built with a sporty feel. That is very clear when you look at the 2016 Kia Sportage. Also, all drivers mention the nimble handling and strong performance of the entire vehicle. Remember, the turbo-charged engine that is featured in the Sportage SX really does stand out with a 260 horsepower and 269 pound-feet of torque. So, that is a lot of power for a suggested retail price much lower than most other vehicles in the same class and trim level.
In a lot of cases, the 2016 Kia Sportage is used as the “daily driver” for a lot of families. That being said, safety is of utmost importance. You may not find a more safe vehicle in the same class as the 2016 Kia Sportage.
For example, standard safety features on all 2016 Kia Sportage models include
- antilock disc brakes
- traction control and stability control
- front-seat side airbags
- full-length side curtain airbags
- active front head restraints
You should also pay special attention to Kia’s Uvo telematics system. This system comes standard on the EX and LX trims. An extra “piece of mind” for those drivers that are concerned about staying safe on the road. Especially for those families with new teen drivers. The Evo has a few extra fail-safes that help keep your new driver safe while on the road. It will alert parents of things that your teen driver may not want you to know.
The Uvo telematics system includes:
- emergency and roadside assistance
- stolen vehicle tracking
- geo-fencing and speed tracking (allowing parents to set limits for teen drivers)
- other smartphone-enabled features accessible via the Uvo app.
When it comes to safety in crashes….high marks prevail. In government crash tests, the all-wheel-drive Sportage earned a top overall rating of five stars. It received a five-star rating for both frontal-impact and side-impact protection.
When the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety got ahold of the Kia Sportage and put it through their rigorous crash testing, the Sportage received an amazing rating!
Overall, the 2016 Kia Sportage is an impressive vehicle to say the least. 2016 Kia Sportage is very responsive and just an all around fun-to-drive SUV with a lot of spunk and style. Part of the overall feel is thanks to that suspension that’s tuned to handle much sharper steering.
You won’t go wrong with either engine.
As stated above that standard 2.4-liter engine has enough power for daily driving and will let you pass just about anyone in your way when you are driving on the highway. Be on the lookout for the 2016 Kia Sportage in Miami and around the country. Inside, you will see a happy driver in a stylish looking SUV. Most likely, the safe and secure family being transported will be seated comfortably while enjoying all of the technology loaded inside of the 2016 Kia Sportage. Take it for a simple and quick test drive and discover all that the Kia Sportage has to offer.