Living in Southern Florida has it’s definite perks. The first two that come to mind are the ocean, and the beautiful year-round weather. Here in Miami, it can be easy to forget that over half of the country experiences months of snow and ice each year.
To take advantage our incredible climate here in South Florida, why not drive a sporty car that only gets better with the windows down? Yes, driving a vehicle like a Dodge Charger here in Miami can be a real treat for residents. So, what are you waiting for? Visit your local Dodge dealer and take the Charger for a test drive today!
History of the Dodge Charger
The Charger has been around since 1964, when the sports car first appeared at a car show. Since that appearance, the Charger has changed three different platforms, sizes, and of course – standard features. The Charger was once a subcompact hatchback, a full-sized sedan, and even a personal luxury coupe.
Where the Charger started, where it has been, and where it is today, are three completely different stories. In 2006, the Charger was reintroduced to the American market as a sedan, and the iconic sports car has been holding strong to that identity ever since.
One of the most compelling reasons to own a Dodge Charger, aside from its athletic prowess and high performance standards, is that it is one of the least expensive five-seater cars, that feature both rear-wheel drive, and a large cargo capacity.
For Miami residents who are looking for a car that is not only fun to drive, but also practical – look no further than the Dodge Charger!
Test Drive the 2015 Dodge Charger
The 2015 Dodge Charger was redesigned for the model year, and features plenty of updated standard features. Kendall Dodge has both new and used versions of the Charger available, that are waiting for YOU to take for a test drive.
Before you jump in the car and head over, let’s take a look at the 2015 Charger model lineup, and what each one includes for it’s base MSRP.
The 2015 Dodge Charger features an all-new redesigned exterior, that is sportier and more athletic than the outgoing model. All 2015 Chargers come standard with a responsive 8-speed automatic transmission, as well as electric power steering. Also new for this year, is a standard 7-inch color instrument display in all Charger models.
Check out an overview of each of the eight 2015 Charger trim levels below. Whether you are in search of a practical family car, or an all-out performance machine – Dodge has you covered with the 2015 Charger.
- SE: This base model starts at $27,995, and comes standard with a 5-inch UConnect touchscreen infotainment system, steering wheel mounted audio controls, Bluetooth connectivity, USB ports, dual zone climate control, and 17-inch alloy wheels. The SE comes with the base 3.6-liter V6 engine with 292 horsepower. This model is also available in an all-wheel drive configuration.
- SXT: Starting at $29,995, the Charger SXT features the same engine as the SE model, but comes with even more in-vehicle amenities. A standard 8.4-inch large color touchscreen display comes with a more advanced UConnect system with emergency safety connectivity. The driver’s seat features a 12-way power system, and both front seat passengers will enjoy heated seats. A leather-wrapped steering wheel, auto-dimming rearview mirrors, and 18-inch wheels are also standard.
- R/T: With a starting MSRP of $33,595, this Charger model boasts a powerful 5.7-liter V8 engine with 370 horsepower. All of that power comes standard, along with paddle shifters, larger brakes, a rear spoiler, 20-inch wheels, sport seats, and a dynamic sport suspension. This model is a great choice for drivers who want more power, without losing day-to-day practicality.
- R/T Road & Track: Starting at $36,595, this version of the Charger R/T brings selectable driving modes, greater stability control, a track suspension, and heavy-duty performance brakes. Navigation, ventilated front seats, Nappa premium leather upholstery, a heated steering wheel, and HID headlamps are also standard.
- R/T Scat Pack: If you know anything about the Scat Pack name, you know you can expect even greater power and performance. Boasting a 6.4-liter V8 engine, drivers will feel every one of the 485 ponies underneath their feet. The exterior of this model is more aggressive looking, and features larger exhaust outlets than other Charger models. 9-spoke alloy wheels, and a backup camera come standard, all for under $40,000.
- SRT 392: Jumping up on the MSRP scale, this model starts at $47,995, and comes standard with the same engine as the Scat Pack model. Complete with 15.4-inch front brakes, a launch control, adaptive dampers, and wider wheels – this Charger is ready for as much action as you give it. This Charger model even comes standard with a one-day driving school lesson at the SRT Driving Experience Track.
- Hellcat: Synonymous with power, the 2015 Charger Hellcat is the most powerful in the lineup. With a 6.2-liter V8 engine, the Charger Hellcat makes 707 horsepower, and boasts a ¼ mile track time of 11 seconds. The interior cabin features unique trim, two key fobs, and Hellcat badged wheels and tires. This beast of a sports car starts at $63,995, and if you crave power – is worth every penny.
The Dodge Charger is a really big and impressive car. Don’t let the size fool you. It is still very quick and moves with great agility. It makes it one of the most sporty vehicles you can find cruising the beaches in Miami or anywhere throughout the country. It really is a muscle car that is could also double as a family sedan….only with a LOT more power under the engine. When you look at all the available vehicles on the market today, something like the Dodge Charger is rare. It’s refreshing to see an emphasis on performance over function. Still, there is plenty of function left in the Dodge Charger.
Keep in mind that is has been upgraded for this year with more refinement. You’ll notice improved styling and a wider selection of powertrains. In the end, you’ll come to see that the Dodge Charger truly is a versatile sedan. It’s certainly worth a look if you’re looking for a full sized automobile. It might also be a great option for those looking at a more mid-sized sedan as well. Still, remember…this is a Dodge Charger. The “sedan” classification doesn’t do it the proper justice. It is quite more than just as sedan. Inside is the heart of a beast. With just a little more room for the family.
In the end, its all about cost and that is determined by what you are looking for in terms of “vroom vroom vroom”.
As with any larger engine, if you go with the V-8 models and you’ll be spending more time at the gas pump. As of the time of this writing, that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Gas prices are still in a downswing. The Hemi V-8-powered R/T models come with cylinder deactivation. That will actually save you some fuel in low load situations look for an average 16 mpg in an R/T Dodge Charger.
Stop by your local dealer and ask for a test drive and make the determination yourself. The 2016 Dodge Charger will not dissapoint!