If there is one thing that Jeep does very well, it’s keeping us guessing. Every Jeep dealer and Jeep driver here in the United States is never sure what the iconic brand will think up next. That is just one reason why we love Jeep vehicles – trust us, the list goes on and on. It is probably a safe assumption that Jeep itself did not anticipate offering the wide range of vehicles it currently has in its lineup, when they first introduced the civilian Wrangler in 1945. Regardless of whether or not their evolution was fully grasped back then, the truth of the matter is, the Jeep brand has evolved into something pretty fantastic. From small commuter crossovers, to high performance off-road machines, Jeep has managed to fill a niche in just about every aspect of the crossover SUV segment.
Versatile Lineup for 2016
While we highly doubt that the brand will ever offer a compact car or minivan, we have enjoyed watching Jeep transform from a specialized off-road automotive name, to a fully functional everyday use vehicle brand. Jeep has remained not only consistent in their offerings, but also fluid enough to keep up with changing demands in the American automotive climate.
For 2016, Jeep has a wide array of product offerings, with one to suit just about every need. Again, if you are looking for a compact car with the Jeep badge, we would suggest not holding your breath for too long. The iconic brand has indeed proved that it is down to play with the big names in the automotive marketplace, but we suspect that their devotion to SUVs and crossovers will hold steady for the remainder of their presence here in the United States.
With that being said, Jeep has one of the most extensive vehicle offerings in their history for the 2016 model year. With plenty of models to choose from, drivers are able to get out of their crossover exactly what they need, all while backed by the Jeep brand legacy.
The 2016 Jeep Model Lineup: Everything You Need to Know
The new Jeep model lineup is certainly the most extensive to ever be offered. With seven different nameplates to choose from, each 2016 Jeep model is offered in various trim levels, and at differing price points. Whether you are in the market for an entry level commuter crossover, or a rugged off-road machine, the 2016 Jeep lineup has you covered.
Let’s take a look at each of the 2016 Jeep models, and get a quick rundown of what each offers. Discover the Jeep brand, by exploring below:
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler: Let’s start where the Jeep brand itself started so many years ago. The Wrangler was first created to fight on the front lines of World War II, before being offered as a civilian vehicle in 1945. Today, the 2016 Wrangler is enjoying its 75th anniversary, and the iconic brand is going all out to celebrate in style. The 2016 Wrangler has a starting MSRP of $23,895, and is offered in seven standard trim levels, and two special edition models. The Jeep Wrangler was created to be extraordinary, and that tradition carries over into 2016. It is a vehicle for the true adventurer, the Wrangler is not content to sit in a garage and commute to and from the office. If you desire to continue where the road ends, this is the vehicle for you.
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited: As it’s name suggests, the Wrangler Unlimited model is based on the original Jeep Wrangler, but offers extra room and features. The Wrangler Unlimited comes with four doors, and enough interior room for five passengers to stretch out. Offered in only two regular trim levels, the Wrangler Unlimited appeals to a smaller group of Jeep drivers, but serves an important role in the brand’s lineup.
- 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee: Also celebrating its 75th birthday, the Grand Cherokee has been treated to a makeover for its latest model year. With a starting MSRP just under $30,000, the Grand Cherokee offers the best in everything it does. From a richly appointed interior, to a powerful engine under the hood, Jeep’s luxurious full-size SUV has everything you need, and everything you didn’t know you needed. Offered in four different trim levels and one special edition model, there is a Grand Cherokee for every budget, taste, and desire. The 2016 version of this SUV is a must see.
- 2016 Jeep Cherokee: The smaller version of the Grand Cherokee, the 2016 Cherokee offers exceptional value, interior room, and the iconic performance expected of the Jeep brand. Starting at $23,395, the Cherokee is an SUV that has plenty of awards and recognition under its belt. Featuring the stunning and eye catching new front end, the 2016 Cherokee comes in six different trim levels, including the off-road ready Trailhawk model. This Jeep Cherokee is as every bit as rugged and refined as SUVs come.
- 2016 Jeep Compass: The compact Compass crossover was first introduced by Jeep in 2011, and it has been a popular choice for commuters and small families ever since. The Compass offers a unique take on the Jeep brand name, with a smaller interior, lower profile, and a simpler interior. Starting under $20,000, the 2016 Compass is also one of the more affordable vehicles in the Jeep lineup this year. Available in four different trim levels, the 2016 Compass is versatile, without overdoing it. Drivers can opt for the off-road capability Jeep is known for by choosing the 4×4 version of the Compass, or keep it simple with the 4×2 engine option. Either way, the Compass is one crossover that does not disappoint.
- 2016 Jeep Patriot: Another relatively new player in the Jeep lineup, the Patriot was introduced back in 2007 as a compact crossover. The Patriot starts at $17,595, making it the most affordable Jeep in the 2016 lineup. Available in four different trim levels, the base Patriot Sport boasts standard SiriusXM Satellite Radio, 60/40 rear folding seats, and electronic stability control. This Jeep model stands out with a high profile, tall stance, and unique exterior look.
- 2016 Jeep Renegade: Introduced as a subcompact crossover by Jeep only a few years ago, the Renegade is the latest model to be added to the Jeep lineup. The 2016 Renegade is the second year the crossover has been offered, and became an instant favorite, especially among younger generations of drivers. The Renegade starts out under $18,000, which makes it as affordable as it is unique. Touted as one of the “coolest cars on the road” by various institutions including Kelley Blue Book, the Renegade comes in four different trim levels for every budget and need. While the Renegade may be the newest addition to the Jeep lineup, we predict that it will only grow in it’s already newfound popularity, and be one of the favorite models ever to wear the Jeep badge.
The Future of Jeep
Jeep has come a very long day since its early days when it was manufacturing Wranglers for the sole use by military personnel. The only vehicle to ever earn a Purple Heart, Jeep has a history that is arguably richer than any other automotive brand in the United States.
Jeep’s past is undeniably unique and a permanent part of American history. The present of the Jeep brand proves that automotive manufacturer is up to the challenge of remaining relevant, all while staying true to their roots. The future of Jeep is not entirely known, but if history is any indication, Jeep has incredible growth potential for the years ahead. We can’t wait to see what they come up with next.