It’s no wonder the Equinox is Chevy’s best-selling SUV. The 2022 Chevy Equinox will keep that statistic strong as it remains a popular 2-row, 5-passenger compact crossover. This well-appointed SUV is priced below its competitors yet scores high points on style, safety, technology, performance, and roominess. For 2022, a new trim, the RS, is added that has some sportier features in its black seats with red stitching and its race-car-like shift knob. The 2022 Chevy Equinox also has a re-imagined front and back end to add more aerodynamic style yet remains true to the traditional Equinox classic look.
Roomy and Resourceful
The 2022 Chevy Equinox has 63.9 cubic feet of storage space, leaving plenty of room to store around eight average-sized suitcases, and the cabin is roomy to comfortably seat all 5 passengers. Travelers can expect a smooth ride within an interior that is made of stylish, well-made materials leaving occupants relaxed in a space that can still take wear over time.
The 2022 Chevy Equinox also has a great amount of simple and user-friendly technology features. Smartphone integration will sync devices so that you can stay connected even when on the go. Alexa is built-in to the vehicle for language commands so you can keep your hands on the wheel easier while controlling your music or phone with your voice.
The center console is quite large, and there are several cup holders making the cabin efficient to use, especially on longer trips. The 2022 Equinox can actually tow up to 1,500 pounds when properly equipped. Nonetheless, this compact SUV is easy to drive when running errands and hauling people or things from place to place.
To add to the comfort and utility, Equinox owners can opt for premium floor mats, cargo liners, and a cargo cover. The exterior provides new car buyers the option of eight exterior colors. As a result, there should be a color that matches your personality and lifestyle. Overall this vehicle offers extraordinary value in terms of its interior and exterior usefulness and comfort relative to its highly affordable price.
Safety is Standard
The 2022 Chevy Equinox is packed with standard safety features. Regardless of whether you opt for the base LS model or the top of the line Premier, there are standard safety features that will make you feel confident and comfortable driving this car in challenging weather conditions and less than ideal terrain.
Safety features you will find standard in every model of the 2022 Equinox include:
- Forward Collision Alert – Monitors cars in front of you and will alert you if you are getting too close. If you are, it will activate the Automatic Emergency Braking.
- Automatic Emergency Braking – Your Equinox will apply the brakes in the event that you need to make a sudden stop or will enhance your own braking.
- Lane Departure Warning – Your call will give you an alert if you start to drift from your intended lane.
- Lane Keeping Assist – If the system senses you are leaving your lane unintentionally, it will apply gentle steering correction to keep you in your lane.
- Front Pedestrian Braking – This system will automatically apply the brakes if it senses you are approaching a pedestrian.
- Following Distance Indicator – This system monitors your position and the vehicle in front of you, letting you know how much space you have between you and the car you are following.
- IntelliBeam Auto High Beam Assist – This system will turn on your high beams when it senses low light conditions and will turn them off if it senses an oncoming vehicle or the light conditions improve.
Further, you can opt to have Adaptive Cruise Control. This system works like regular cruise control and maintains a set speed; however, it will also automatically slow down if it senses the traffic around you has done so. Additionally, you can get a safety alert seat that will vibrate when one of your other safety features activates.
Another standard feature that parents of new drivers will be thankful for is the Teen Driver Technology. You can enable certain limits or parameters on vehicle features such as muting audio or preventing the car from going into drive until all seat belts are buckled to encourage good driving habits. It can also send data from the vehicle to you so you can review the performance of the driver seeing stats like speeding.
Overall, the 2022 Chevy Equinox is a vehicle any family can feel safe in. The safety features not only help keep you focused but also act as an extra set of eyes and ears to sense potential risks and automatically adjust and/or alert you to prevent harm.
Smooth and Stable
Peppy with great pick-up is an accurate way to describe the performance of the 2022 Chevy Equinox. The turbocharged 1.5L engine has 170 horsepower and 203 lb of torque, so it is surprisingly quick despite it only being four cylinders. This engine is paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission. The vehicle comes standard as a front-wheel drive; however, you can upgrade to the all-wheel drive for an even smoother and more confident ride in less-than-ideal terrains. This upgrade will cost a little bit extra but is a good investment if you live in areas where the road and weather are not ideal.
One of the great features of the 2022 Chevy Equinox is its fuel economy. With the engine being so efficient, you will find that you get great gas mileage, even if you opt for the all-wheel drive. Front-wheel drive models will get an estimated 26 miles per gallon in the city and 31 miles per gallon on the highway. All-wheel drive models will see around 25 miles per gallon in the city and 30 miles per gallon on the highway. These are great estimates for an SUV.
Equinox Equals Excitement
Chevy really upped their game with the 2022 Chevy Equinox. This SUV is super fun to drive while also being highly practical. Chevy dropped the previous base L trim but added that new RS trim to compensate. So, drivers have four total trims to choose from:
- LS – This is a great starter vehicle for a family or a teenager. It is the most affordable yet has great safety and technology features.
- LT – This is better equipped with an 8-way power driver seat, color-dash display, Sirius XM, and darkened windows.
- RS – This is the new version for 2022. It is a sportier look with a red and black color combination. There is a power liftgate, glossy accents, and a racy shift knob.
- Premier – This is the premium version. It has elegant French stitching, heated leather seats, a bigger touchscreen infotainment system, and 18-inch aluminum wheels.
Get Excited for the 2022 Chevy Equinox
Overall, the 2022 Chevy Equinox is loaded with lots of features designed for safety and comfort. This vehicle has powerful performance coupled with smooth and stable steering. Given the Equinox is a more affordable vehicle than its competitors, it’s no wonder buyers are attracted to it. You really cannot beat the value, performance, styling, comfort, quality, and reliability of the 2022 Chevy Equinox especially given its highly affordable price tag.