Chevrolet has been producing its popular compact Cruze since 2009. Despite its short time on the market, the Cruze has become one of the favorites in its segment. With great standard features, a budget-friendly price tag, and great fuel efficiency, it’s no wonder that the Cruze is doing so well. A lot of changes are coming to the compact car for its 2016 model year, but for now, drivers can enjoy the Chevy Cruze Miami dealerships have to offer, today!
The 2016 Chevy Cruze may not be available at dealerships quite yet, but a lot of exciting information regarding the car has been released in recent months. From exterior restyling, interior changes, and increased fuel efficiency, the 2016 Cruze is poised to make a lot of bowtie brand enthusiasts very happy. The latest news concerning the new Cruze is that it will be available as a hatchback in the United States for the first time ever.
Cruze Hatchback Coming to a Dealership Near YOU
For years, the Chevy Cruze has been sold in other countries as a hatchback. This variant of the Cruze has been the most popular selling version in other markets across the globe, and is expected to do very well here in the United States.
General Motors recently confirmed that the Cruze hatchback will be coming to the North American market for 2016, and the news has a lot of drivers very happy. The Chevy Cruze is the brand’s top selling car globally, and the introduction of the hatchback to the United States helps Chevy keep that title, and compete with other vehicles in compact car segment.
The Hyundai Elantra, Ford Focus, Mazda3, and the Volkswagen Golf have each offered a hatchback variant for a number of years. This option in the compact car segment has increased in demand in recent years, triggering the American Honda Motor Company to launch a five-door hatchback version of its newly redesigned Honda Civic. The U.S. demand is so great, that the Focus hatchback accounts for 40% of the model’s total sales.
The Chevrolet Cruze has offered exceptional value since it first came to the market over five years ago, and adding the Cruze hatchback body style to expand their lineup further, only makes sense. There is no official word on when the Cruze hatchback will be available for purchase here in the United States, while the 2016 Cruze sedan is set to appear in dealer showrooms early next year.
Top 5 Changes to 2016 Chevy Cruze
Chevrolet unveiled the second generation Cruze to the world earlier this year, with promises of better efficiency, enhanced drivability, and a complete redesign. When news of these changes came about this past June, compact car drivers were excited.
An entire new generation of the Cruze means a lot of changes were made to the compact car. While the list is long, we have narrowed it down to the top five changes made to the newest model year of the Cruze. Explore below to discover what the 2016 Cruze offers differently than the outgoing version of the compact car.
- New Standard Engine: An all new standard engine is being offered with the second generation Chevy Cruze. The 1.4-liter turbo engine features direct injection, start/stop technology, and is expected to accomplish 40 miles per gallon on the highway. This number is not only impressive, but a big increase from last year’s fuel economy rating of 36 mpg on the highway.
- Redesigned for a Dynamic Driving Experience: The 2016 Cruze is lighter, larger, and stronger than ever before. The redesigned styling of the new Cruze makes for a better driving experience that is more dynamic, and safer than past models. In just one model year, the Cruze has dropped approximately 250 pounds from its frame.
- Updated Technology: Not only does the 2016 Cruze offer the next-generation Chevrolet MyLink system, it also comes with a seven-inch standard touch screen, rear-view camera, available OnStar 4G LTE with a Wi-Fi hotspot, a wireless phone charging system, and more. Stay connected wherever you go with the latest in-vehicle technology on the new Cruze.
- Enhanced Safety: Aside from the new body structure giving the Cruze enhanced safety, the compact car also offers more advanced safety features than past models. These available features include Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Side Blind Zone Alert, Forward Collision Alert, and Lane Keep Assist.
- New Model Offerings: Aside from the hatchback offering, the new Cruze has a new trim level lineup for 2016. Drivers can choose from the base L, LS, LT, or Premier models of the Cruze. The enhanced and sporty RS package is also adding new features for the second generation of the Cruze.
Waiting for the 2016 Chevy Cruze
While the newest version of the Cruze may not be ready for purchase quite yet, drivers can still head to their local dealership to take the 2015 Cruze for a test drive. The first generation model offers exceptional standard features, and now is a great time to get the best deal on the 2015 Cruze.
With a starting MSRP of just $16,170, the 2015 Chevy Cruze is a great option for car buyers on a budget. Like any compact car, the Cruze offers great fuel economy, and even manages up to 46 miles per gallon on the highway with its Clean Turbo Diesel model. Not only are you able to save money at the pump, but drivers will be reducing their vehicle emissions, without ever compromising on performance. That fuel savings amounts to 717 miles between fill-ups, leaving you with more time on the road, and less time at the pump.
All of the models in the 2015 Chevy Cruze lineup offer great value, exceptional standard features, and plenty of cost-savings along the way. In just five short years on the market, the Cruze has become the best-selling vehicle worldwide from the entire Chevrolet lineup, giving the compact car a big step up in the competitive segment.
Don’t miss out on what the Cruze offers by waiting around until the 2016 version comes out. Take the 2015 Cruze for a test drive today, and see what you are missing out on.